Stolen from Amanda, feel free to steal it from me!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Got a pedicure. Actually got about three of them, but I’d never had one before this year.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes I did. I resolved to reach my goal weight, and at one point I was five pounds under it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friends seem to be dropping kids like alley cats lately.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My former honey’s Grandmother passed this summer.
5. What countries did you visit?
just the good ole You Ess of Ay.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 19th. For personal reasons.😉
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting through it!
9. What was your biggest failure?
It wasn’t the happiest year, but I don’t feel like I failed at anything.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My little kidney quarry ramped up to full production, but otherwise I was pretty healthy.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I didn’t buy much this year, but buying new pants in a size smaller was pretty dang nice.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my own. I’m stronger and more resilient than I thought I was.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I think this one goes without saying.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To penis reduction surgery. (just seeing if you all are paying attention)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
snowtubing last winter!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Million Dollar Bill by Whitney Houston, thank goodness that girl got off the crack.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Thinner, richer (not by much), and on the way to being happier.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Wish I’d worked out more. Would be nice going into 2010 with a six pack instead of a two liter.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
with my dearest friends and family–just as it’s supposed to be.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
oh look, a puppy:
22. What was your favorite tv show?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
740 Park. The story of New York’s richest apartment building.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lady Gaga. LOL!
26. What did you want and get?
some really hot sex. (still paying attention?)
27. What did you want and not get?
a raise. I haven’t had one in three years.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
maybe Milk. Or the latest Harry Potter.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
on my actual birthday didn’t do a thing. Enjoyed a nice quiet evening home alone with a pecan pie. For my actual birthday celebration…went to PF Changs for dinner with a big group of friends, then had a final blow out with the old Honey before drinking myself into oblivion.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
winning the lottery.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
the same as it’s always been—Banana Republic clearance rack.
32. What kept you sane?
If it weren’t for the Pirin tablets, I don’t think I could go on.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None of them interested me much.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
That moose hunting woman from the Arctic Circle.
35. Who did you miss?
depends on the day.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009?
Sometimes you have to get everything you want to realize you want the wrong things.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Don’t stop, make it pop, DJ blow my speakers up!