1. I can not eat meat that is still on the bone. Chicken wings, t-bone steaks, bone-in pork chops–forget it.
2. I get new bed pillows every few months because I require big, fluffy, firm ones. The minute they get flat at all I toss and turn and it’s time for new ones.
3. I’m the oldest child. There is an almost 14 year spread between me and my youngest brother.
4. I’ve absolutely no personal use for religion and never have. No offense to anyone who does. I’m not sure why, but even as a very young child I would leave church feeling like there was something creepy and cult-ish about it and have never been to one where that wasn’t the case.
5. I used to keep a fanatical accounting of my checkbook. Then, one day, I transposed the amount I was writing the check for and the balance I was recording in my ledger and didn’t realize I’d done so until I had bounced over a dozen things. Thats right, I sent off a check made out for the full balance of my checking account. I have never done more than verify my online statements since then.
6. I need a haircut at MOST every four weeks. Otherwise, it starts touching the tops of my ears and drives me bananas.
7. I love to bargain hunt. I make weekly pilgrimages to TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning, and Marshalls. I could not tell you the last time I paid retail for anything.
8. The people at the Honda dealership know me by name and if I see them out in public will stop and chat like we are old friends. This shouldn’t come as a surprise.
9. I would like to learn to do two things–interior trimwork and sewing. That way I could make my own drapes and pillows and so forth and put crown molding up in the rest of the house.
10. I spend entirely too much time playing Millionaire City and Farkle on Facebook.
11. My favorite song of all time is “Vogue” by Madonna. It came out when I was in the 7th grade and still perks me up today.
12. I’ve tried, really, but I do not understand football. The game or the culture.
13. I’m very hard to embarass.
14. I’m also very hard to offend.
15. My favorite color is brown.
16. I sometimes use unnecessary “thes”, as in “We need to go to THE Wal Mart.” or “I found it at THE K-Mart.”
17. My home state is also home to the Pepperoni Roll. I love them, and have to have them when I go home, despite the fact that they must be terrible for me.
18. When I have nothing better to do I love to take “house drives”–cruising through nice or architecturally interesting neighborhoods just to get ideas. Likewise, I will also take boredom drives down the motor mile just to look at cars.
19. When I was very young, my constant companion was a little blue and white plaid doll with orange hair named “Charlie.”
20. Often times when I don’t like a food, it has everything to do with it’s texture and little to do with it’s taste. Onions are a perfect example.
21. Sometimes I have the GPS in my car give me directions even if I know where I’m going just to have some noise other than the radio.
22. I sing along with the music in my car…badly. Sometimes I dance too.
23. When I’m home alone and cleaning, I put in my earbuds and sing at the top of my lungs to whatever song I’m listening to.
24. My mom thought I’d grow up to be an insurance adjuster because when I was a kid, I’d whack my matchbox cars with a hammer and then write detailed estimates for their repairs.
25. If real life did not get in the way, my natural circadian clock would have me go to sleep around 4 am and wake me up around 11 am. But getting up early is torture for me, no matter how many hours of sleep I’ve gotten.