1. So a lot of people on Facebook have made old baby/childhood pictures their profile picture. And, in that spirit, that little guy chattering away on the phone is ME. Back when I was cute, blond, and apparently just thrilled to be on the phone. My mom tells a story, from when I was about that same age, of coming into the room to find me chattering away to an elderly man in California whom I had apparently dialed completely by chance.
2. I followed everyone’s advice and went to the doctor…who basically had no clue what was wrong with me, but did a bunch of tests the results of which I should find out this week. Thanks to everyone for their concern, I will keep you posted. While there, I got a prescription for Chantix, which I had some success with before. Brace yourself for the crazy dreams it brings on.
3. The BMW plant tour was pretty awesome! The plant here makes every BMW X5 and BMW X6 in the world (60 percent of which are painted black, I was surprised to find). I was amazed that there would be, say, a red X6 with tan interior and right hand drive, rolling down the line directly behind a blue X5 with black interior and left hand drive. The logisitics of getting the right bits and pieces in the right spot for such a variety of possibilities kind of blew my mind. Unfortunately, photography was not allowed.
4. I got a few songs for my iPod over the weekend, including a few of my favorites from Pink. A few years ago she had a song out called “Most Girls” Now, the lyrics to that song include:
“Most girls want a man with the bling-bling, got my own thing got the ching-ching.” One of the last times I ever recall riding around with my sister, that song came on. The girl gave me a lifetime of laughs with her misunderstood song lyrics…but she was singing at the top of her lungs to that song… “Most girls want a man with a big thing…” It’s funny how little things like that remind you of someone.
5. The blog well has been running dry the past few weeks, but I have a few stories to tell, and you can tell me which one you want to hear first. (I tried to make a poll, but apparently lack the savvy to do so.) At any rate, leave me your choice in the comments:
Throwing up on a Drag Queen’s Pickup Truck
Trapped for a Week in a Faux-finished condo.
or…My first trip to a strip club.