1. OK, so I’m still suffering from blogger’s block or a boring life or something, so I’m about four days late on this week’s Mish-Mash. Sorry I haven’t been around to read all my blog buddies as much as I’d like…it’s been one of those weeks.
2. A few of you follow me on Twitter. I must confess I still don’t exactly understand the point, but I always follow such online trends, I was on Friendster before MySpace made it passe. Then Facebook when MySpace became soooo 2005. And now I’m a tweeter. It’s always nice to log on and see a new follower. But beans and rice, I’ve been getting some spam followers lately! Like Phillis, who tweets “I’m a good girl. I don’t want to fuck you the first night but I do want to make you cum.” A good girl? If you say so Phillis.
Or Karri, who shares that “If it goes up to your belly button I WANT WANT WANT YOU!” Maybe Phillis can let her know exactly where IT goes up to.
And Gerri, who is coming prepared just in case IT doesn’t reach as far as she hopes: “One night stand and i’m bringing my toys 🙂 I like shy guys AND guys that are willing to try new stuff.”
3. I called to cancel my satellite radio subscription a week or so ago. This was the FOURTH time I’ve done so. I had it in my old car, and cancelled when I got my new one. Then I’ve called to cancel three more times as I try to reign in my budget. It’s impossible to just get online and cancel it or express such a desire to their automated system. You MUST talk to a representative. And each time they go through the same routine of “why are you cancelling?” and then this odd little dance of asking you which stations you listen to most so they can recommend others you might like in the hopes of getting you hopelessly hooked. Well I was hip to their game this time. When she asked what my favorite channels were I put together the two most disparrate ones on the programming schedule: OutQ (gay talk radio) and the Playboy channel. If I’d thought quicker, I would have tossed in Catholic Chat or something. The woman stuttered and choked as she tried to come up with a recommendation, but ultimately failed to do so. By the end of the call, my account was NOT cancelled, but I was given six months for the price of one. Not too shabby for a 10 minute call.
4. Even my crazy mama isn’t giving me much blog fodder lately…although she is having some home electrical issues that may, according to her, result in litigation against the power company. She claims that everything from her lamps to her refrigerator was blown up by a faultily installed power pole near her house. Methinks she’s just hoping to get some money outta somebody, because I have had to make it clear that my well is dry as far as she is concerned. She hasn’t been calling three times a day as usual. This probably means she has a new man, or has recycled one of her old ones. I’ll keep you posted.
5. There are about 160 miles left on my car’s warranty. For the past couple of months, there has been an intermittant rattle from somewhere behind me that drives me absolutely batshit crazy. Tomorrow it’s going to the shop…anyone wanna lay odds that the rattle disappears until I’ve put about 161 more miles on her?