1. It’s vacation time! As you read this I’m probably lounging at the pool or sitting on the beach with a good book. It’s time for the outlaw family vacation. Yep: me, honey, Bonnie, Clyde, two brothers-out-law, two sisters-out-law and two 8 month old babies all in one big beach house for a week. Whether this is actually a vacation or one of those situations in which I remind myself that “that which does not kill us only makes us stronger” remains to be seen.
2. My 401K statements arrived last week. And for the first time in a year, I actually smiled when I saw them. One was up 30 percent, the other up almost 20. Of course, they had nowhere to go BUT up…still, it’s nice to think that just maybe we are over the hump.
3. But, it continues to be bad news for housing, which means bad news for me. It’s got me thinking, what would I wanna do with my life if I weren’t doing this? I haven’t come up with an answer. It’s hard enough right now to find a job at all…but to spring into something new that I have no experience in sounds impossible to me.
4. My youngest brother is apparently a chip off the old block. (He might kill me for sharing this.) He’s had his license less than a month and has already done something that both my father and I have done in the past. Crashed into another car in our own driveway. Of course, when dad I did it we were dinging old clunkers. Lil bro just happened to time his poorly–dinging Dad’s new car with his new Mustang. (Mustang?? Yep. Not quite as nice as the hand me down ding mobile I got as a teenager, but he’ll make due with it)
5. Trying a new category here at the ole Vinyl Village. Easy and tasty meals for the guy or gal on the go. I love good food, but I hate the time it takes to make it. So I’ve got a handful of easy, quick meals that I pull outta the old bag from time to time, and I’ll be sharing them here.