1. It wasn’t much of a weekend…Saturday I had to work a very poorly attended (IE: waste of time) expo to try to drum up some much needed new business. It was a beautiful location, but did not generate even one lead.
2. Sunday was better–we attended a downtown art festival that included a ton of great art. If I had a big budget, I would have gone crazy. My favorite? An artist who worked paper into the most incredible textural and tonal framed pieces…paper delicately folded into squares, delicately “shredded” for texture. I wish I could remember the artists name so I could post pictures of their work…
3. Also at the art fair, we saw the guy in the video below perform. Absolutely amazing. While music plays, he paints the artist (in 2.5 songs) with nothing but his hands. Really cool to watch it take shape and so cool to see the undeniable likeness of the artist suddenly “pop”.
4. My crazy mama was in rare form this weekend…a bawling, bitchy shell of despair who was up to her usual tricks of blame everyone before looking in the mirror. She is absolutely exhausting, and I am so glad I live hundreds of miles away from her.
5. A few months back, Honey was on a flight that was ultimately delayed for over 24 hours. Which sucks, of course, but the airline did handout 600 dollars in vouchers, which we cashed in this weekend for two tickets to San Francisco. A few clicks of the mouse later and we had a helluva deal on a hotel too. So, in three weeks, for the total price of dinner and a movie, we are jetting across the country. Woo hoo!