1. It was a busy weekend at the Vinyl Village. Saturday morning was neighborhood cleanup day. A (pitifully small) group of us got together to clean the pool furniture and the pool house in preparation for the opening of the neighborhood pool–two weekends from now. That means summer is just around the corner! Woo hoo!
2. Saturday night we attended a big charity party–an event we have done four or five times before. Every year it seems to get bigger, so hopefully a lot of money was raised for the cause. At this party all the guests are supposed to wear red. I’m not a big “red” person, so my only choices were a faded out polo or a t-shirt. Good time to buy new clothes, right? Well, I just had in mind a button up shirt with a red pattern on it, which should have been easy to find, huh? Yeah right. I spent three hours at the mall and ended up with just a new red polo. So frustrating.
3. I went to bed Saturday night with my phone on my night stand. I usually turn it off, but for whatever reason I hadn’t. The phone rang at 3:30 in the morning–any guess who it was? Any guess WHY a call was made at that hour?
4. I worked all day yesterday at an industry dog and pony show kinda thing. One of the luxury communities we do a lot of work in hosted it, and in the past these have been great ways to meet new clients. But yesterday, it seemed the only people who came out were ones hoping to win a raffle. “Y’all got any door prizes?” was the most asked question of the day. Add to this a few brief torrential downpours that brought water seeping up through the floor of the tent, and it felt like a waste of time. (Saturday was much more productive–so maybe we will get some much-needed jobs out of the deal)
5. After spending all day yesterday in a swampy tent, I could not get outta bed this morning. So I slept an extra half hour, then had a leisurely cup of coffee while watching the news. I got into the office an hour and a half late, but just that little extra sleep and “waking up” time has made me feel like a whole new person!