1. Over the weekend a quick trip to pick up ONE thing at the home improvement store turned into a half day project when the honey suggested I get a fern for the front porch. Well, the garden section had just been filled with spring flowers, and I couldn’t get out of there without picking up $50 worth of gerbera daisys and marigolds. (which I actually hate, but they are one of the only things that will grow in the rocky clay). So spring is officially in the air…literally. The pollen is so heavy you have to turn on your windshield wipers if the car sits outside for a few hours…you can imagine what that does to allergies.
2. While I was digging up the back yard, one of my neighbors was outside grumbling about the mess his dogs had made. “We’re gonna have another little one in September.” he added. “Oh, what kind?” I asked, thinking he was still talking about dogs. “I don’t think she’s far enough along until May to know.” I distinctly remembered that last year, they’d had both their pooches “fixed” and they were inside dogs…I wasn’t sure how she could have gotten knocked up unless it was intentional. Just as I was about to say “I thought she was fixed!” the neighbor continued with “That’s why we’ve been getting this work done on the house, trying to get a nursery ready and stuff.” The light went off…he was talking about his wife not his pooch. “Oh my God, you’re talking about Lauren! I thought you meant the dog was pregnant!” I felt kinda stupid…
3. My living room needs help…Im tired of it. When we moved into this house almost 4 years ago, we made do with whatever mix and match items we had…have filled in the gaps with a few new pieces and made it look as good as we can, but it needs some new life. I’m thinking a sofa, rug, and a new coffee table will do the trick. It just needs to be a little fresher and brighter. So I went out on Saturday to start looking for a sofa. Six furniture stores later, I found ONE that I liked. Got home, placed it on the floor plan, of course, it was six inches too long. That’s the problem with my living room…it’s a fine size, but has absolutely no wall space. It’s open on one end to the foyer, has openings to the kitchen and dining room, French doors to the backyard and a fireplace. There’s nowhere left to put furniture.
4. My father-out-law (one half of Bonnie and Clyde) was let go from his job last week–after nearly 40 years with the company. The company (a global conglomerate) is reorganizing, and cleaned house of their entire North and South American executive team. I’ve no doubt he’ll find something new, but damn, talk about a punch in the gut after that long!
5. But in happier news, the countdown is on for my first vacation of the season. The Easter Bunny can hopefully find me at the beach, cause that’s where I’m heading next weekend! Woo hoo!