1. The generation gap at work: a friend of mine got her young son a new video game system for Christmas. As he excitedly ran around the house shouting “Look at my Wii! Look at my Wii!” he grandfather said “What’s wrong honey, did you hurt your penis?” In fairness to the grandpa, the kiddo calls his penis his “wee”.
2. I got a Wii for Christmas too. At the very least, I hope I can improve my video game skills to the point that my friend’s children can’t continue to massacre me at every game I play with them. I was never into video games as a kid, but this thing is pretty fun, and most of the games require you to be physical…I broke a sweat boxing!
3. I was reminded how old I’m getting. One of my cousins and his wife announced that they are expecting their first child. I can remember when he was so little that I had to be his hide and seek buddy because I was one of the “older kids”. And my younger brother drove my car this weekend–it was the first time I’d been home since he got his learner’s permit, so I let him drive a few miles from a convenience store to our house. Which is a very big deal, because my cars are like my babies.
4. Remember the flat tire I had a week or so ago? Well, I remembered I have road hazard insurance that will pay up to $150 bucks a tire. Of course, they expected that I know what street I picked the nail up on, the tire dealer to call for authorization, and all sorts of other nonsense that I expect means that they pay out ZILCH on any of their road hazard policies.
5. This is the week I’ve got to order a new computer to replace the dead one. I’m looking at some HPs and Dells. Anyone have a recommendation?