1. Veep Candidate Sarah Palin tends to name her children unusual things. Let’s see there’s Relay, Roanoke, Geometry, Redwood, and Sunbiscuit. Or something like that. Now, some smart folks have come up with a Palin name generator. I’m Rock Crane Palin, a distant relative of the illustrious Paper Rock Scissors.
2. Might want to check your attitude before going out to eat…a tourist has been beaten to death by a gang of waiters for being “arrogant“.
3. I was out to dinner with a friend who had “Shazam” installed on his iPhone. As we were waiting on our table at P.F. Changs, a song came on and none of us could remember the name of it. He activated Shazam, held the iPhone up to “listen” to the crackly outdoor speaker, and seconds later it gave us the name and title of the song. Amazing stuff. I don’t know if it’s available for anything other than the iPhone, but if you ever get a chance to see it in use–do!
4. This morning’s motivational poster…it has a point, I promise–and it has nothing to do with giving head to fruit or practicing. It’s just that it looks like she is in my kitchen from college! Exact layout, cabinets, and appliances. I wonder if she was my neighbor?
5. I spent a lot of the weekend at my town’s annual fall festival–wherein about 40 local restaurants set up shop on Main street, offering appetizer-sized samples from their menu in exchange for tickets that can be purchased by the sheet for a few bucks. It’s a great way to try restaurants that I’d otherwise not be able to afford, would be too afraid to try, or would otherwise pass by. The best was a wonderful chicken and chorizo paella. Now, I’d never seen, heard of, or tasted paella before, but I will definitely try it anytime I see it on a menu now.