1. I spent part of the weekend in Asheville, NC which is apparently the butch lesbian capital of the world. Never have the words “was that a man or a woman?” passed my lips so many times. Androginy aside, it’s a great little town. Pack your flannel and add it to your list of places to go if you haven’t already.
2. I was the weekly winner over at Tom’s Hideaway. For those who don’t know, Tom had a great little trivia challenge–a new set of ten questions every day. If you’re a trivia buff–hop over there and sign up!
3. The Queen may have started the next viral blog meme with her “ask me anything” post last week. I promptly stole it from her, a few folks promptly stole it from me, and I figure by Labor Day it will have crawled over the blogosphere. Great idea, Queen!
4. Going back to trivia…I may have done well at Tom’s last week but I sucked last night as I attempted to play one of those automated bar trivia games. There were two others in the bar playing, and damned if I didn’t lose to both of them. I simply can’t be bothered to recall who the mothers of Greek Gods were. My brain can only hold so much, and that threshold is apparently somewhere beneath recalling the stars of little know movies of the 1940’s.
5. So Barack Obama named his running mate. Is it just me, or have you gotten sick of this election? Elections have become like Christmas–they seem to start earlier every cycle, and by the time the actual event arrives, you’re so damned tired of hearing about it you wanna scream. And this year we have two contenders–one who doesn’t seem to offer anything but “CHANGE” and the other who is so senile he can’t even remember how many houses he has. Can we just check “none of the above??”
6. Sunday was “closet cleaning” day. I guess it had been awhile because there were 50 things to give to charity in addition to probably 20 things that just got tossed. What’s great about cleaning out your closet is that you always find a few things you forgot you had…I’ll spend all week with a “new again” wardrobe.
7. This weeks little motivational poster has a point. What’s with kids feeling they have to flash some hand signal in pictures? They cant just say CHEESE anymore. They have to flash a peace symbol. Or some gangster sign. Do they think it’s cool? Surprise kids! It’s NOT…you look stupid as hell, and the pictures will haunt you later in life.