1. A new study says that West Virginia, my home state, is the most medicated state in the country. The study says its because its a state full of fat smokers with arthritis. Over 17 prescriptions per person per year puts WV about 50 percent ahead of the average–but that’s nothing. I have one family member who apparently takes 19 prescriptions A MONTH. We figure she doesn’t even eat anymore because all the pills keep her full.
2. Has anyone read anything from the TWILIGHT series? A few folks have said that I would like them, but I dunno…
3. Somebody shit in the pool again. One of my first posts was about the Shit Bandit who plagued the Vinyl Village’s pool last summer. Well, someone let their baby’s didy leak again this year and the pool was closed for shock treatment. The pool guy found the turd, chained the pool gates and placed a sign on the fence around 9 AM that morning. As all of us board members work, we didn’t know anything about it til later that night. Well, some homeowner with too much time on her hands, emailed the board to say that she thought a sign should be placed at the entrances to the neighborhood if the pool must be closed, and an email sent out. Sorry, lady, the pool guy doesn’t carry a laptop with him, and if it’s too much trouble to go to the pool to find out if its open or not, maybe you ought to just keep your ass at home. The pool guy is very good at putting signs up at the pool, even letting us know when he will be back to reopen it. But a poo in the pool is never planned, so the Board can’t let you know about it beforehand.
4. I played with an honest to God breast implant this weekend. It wasn’t installed–don’t worry. A friend who used to work at a hospital obtained it somehow. (I won’t say more in case I incriminate them). I can’t fathom how or why someone would insert one into themselves. It wasn’t the shape or firmness of a breast (though I imagine, once inserted, the surrounding muscles help that some) And it was very unsophisticated–it looked like a big, mushy version of one of those balls you squeeze for stress. I’ve always wondered what happens to implanted boobs once age takes it’s toll. Do the implants stay up, high and tight, while the natural breast sags off of it? Or does the whole thing, real boob and all, sag? Either scenario sounds hideous.
5. Why is it that when I tell my computer to “end program” it takes so blasted long for it to do it? The whole point of that little task manager box is to end something that isnt responding. When I hit “end program” I mean NOW dammit!