Tales from the Vinyl Village has been given the “Arte y Pico” award–an honor bestowed upon bloggers who inspire others and contribute to the blogging community. Loosely translated I think it means “artisitic salad of chopped tomato, onion, and chiles.”
The Village was given this honor by Janice, who has honored and humbled this little spot on the blogosphere. Now, I am sure once the results over at Janice’s site have been audited by a fine firm of CPA’s, we will realize that it was all a huge mistake–but until then, I must, as a Arte y Pico award winner, abide by the following rules:
1) Award five blogs that contribute to the blogging community through creativity, design, and interesting material, regardless of language.
So, I now get to bestow this award on five others. I’ve made every attempt to give these to folks who haven’t gotten them yet–but I’ve yet to finish my morning coffee–so y’all will overlook me if I make someone a two-time winner or (worse yet) fail to bestow the award upon a blog that certainly deserves it.
1. Trailerpark Barbie and her Tales From the Trailerpark. It is TPB’s fault that I ever started blogging in the first place.
2. Lori, over at Random Thoughts whose current top post on her neighbors bedroom mathematics (1+2=oooweee!) I can sadly relate to.
3. Big Hair Envy–who so far seems to have broken her addiction to a spiral perm–but remains within the crosshairs of the Hillbilly Po-leese.
4. The Sisters from Philly over at Holy Crappers who always seem to be having more fun than I am.
5. and finally, Jodi at the Life and Times who beats herself up if she doesn’t get to update, so this is my way of saying “Its ok…we love ya anyway”